The problem of thinning hairs & baldness affects millions from both sexes & all ages.The main surgical treatment for baldness is hair transplant, however this is not suitable in certain cases because of inadequate donor area. Many patients do not want to undergo donor strip removal surgery. Such patients can be benefited by Artificial hair transplant.
BIOFIBRE by Medicap,Italy
In compliance with ISO 10993 norms all pre-clinical tests were performed.
Thanks to its chemical,physical and mechanical properties Biofibre shows the following features:
- Biocompatibility & can be extracted without scarring.
- Scars tissue trauma.
- Absence of capillary & bacterial adhesion.
- Resistance to implant environment.
- High flexibility,elasticity & resistance to traction.
Aesthetic aspect of BIOFIBRE:
- Soft,flexible,fine& highly resistant.
- These characteristics enable:rapid cicatrisation,invisible hole,pleasant & long lasting cosmetic results.
- BIOFIBRE is available as follows:
- Appearance:similar to natural hair.
- Colours:13 standard colours,several others upon request.
- Length:15 cm standard,others upon request.
- Diameter:0.080 mm standard,others upon request.
- Shape:straight & in three different types of permanent wave or curl.
- Biofibre can be washed & dried like natural hair.
- It cannot be bleached,dyed or permanent waved.
- Baldness otherwise unsolvable.
- Integration with other surgical techniques.
- When requesting trauma free surgery.
- When requesting immediate aesthetic results.
- For all types of baldness.
- New hair added: The major benefit of artificial hair implants is that new “hair” is added, and the effect is immediate. The initial implantation of individual artificial hairs causes only minor trauma to the scalp, and the patient can enjoy new full-length hair immediately after surgery.
- Realistic appearance: The artificial hairs are placed individually for a realistic appearance, and they look and style in a way similar to real hairs. The artificial hairs can be implanted into a completely bald area or interspersed among natural growing hairs. Detection is difficult, provided that there is no skin irritation.
- No incisions: Unlike other surgical treatments for hair restoration, the insertion of the artificial hairs is a very simple surgical procedure, and there are no incisions needed to harvest donor follicles or move the scalp.
- Maintain hair density: Unlike other surgical hair restoration procedures that relocate live hair follicles, artificial hair implantation maintains hair density in the areas surrounding the thin area or bald spot.
- Won’t fall off: Artificial hairs eliminate the fear of a hairpiece coming off unintentionally. Although occasional shedding occurs, the artificial hairs won’t fall out all at once. Implanted hairs are long lasting, although not permanent. The synthetic fiber shafts become worn and occasionally break, and the body’s immune system eventually rejects the artificial roots. Artificial hair implants remain in the scalp for several months, on average.
Artificial hair ‘BIOFIBRE’ Implantation protocol:
- Assessment of patient’s requirement,
- Condition of scalp & medical assessment of patient.
- Patient must have good health.
- Healthy Scalp.
- Normal lab investigations.
- Patient must have commitment to follow post implant protocol strictly.
- Selection of fibre colour by patient-13 shades are there to choose. Normal length of fibre is 15centimeter Longer hairs can be ordered.
Patients at risk
- Allergic to synthetic material.
- Allergic to local anesthesia.
- Diseases of immune system.
- Ongoing scalp infection.
- Dismetobolic diseases.
- Psychologically unstable.
- People working in unsuitable environment.
- 100 test fibres are transplanted under local anesthesia .Patient is watched for any allergic reaction for one month.
- 500-1000 hairs are transplanted every 2-3 weeks under local anesthesia as per patient’s requirement.3000-8000 fibres can be implanted.
- Maintenance & checkup every 1-2 months as necessary required at clinic under medical Supervision.
- 10%-20% loss of implanted hair every year is possible.
- Replenishement of lost fibers can be done without any scarring.
From a recent follow-up after 2 years on 196 patients who had undergone hair implantation with an average of 3222 Biofiber the following results emerged:
- 86.23% of the patients had positive results.
- 11.22% of the patients showed mild inflammation/infection,which were solved.
- Within10.8 days with medication.
- 1.53% had curliness.
- 1.02% had intolerance to the fibre,which was solved by removing the fibres.
Biofibre Implant sustem is an outpatient surgical technique offering notable advantages,among which:
- Safety for patient’s health
- Ease & rapidity of execution
- Immediate aesthetic results
- Lack of lasting scars
- Continuity of implants
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
1. What is hair implant?
Hair implant is the implantation of the artificial bio-hairs on to the bald areas.
2. What is the difference between HAIR IMPLANT & HAIR TRANSPLANT?
Hair implant is ready made bio fiber hair and the Hair implant is the live human hair taken from the healthy downer site of the patient. Grafted hair can grow where as the implanted hair has fixed length and can not grow any more.
3. What are the advantages of the Hair implantation over Hair grafting?
Both the techniques have their own merits and demerits. The hair implantation is not superior to Hair Grafting but it is selected when the grafting is not possible. Whenever grafting is possible, one may think about the grafting before implantation. The major advantages of HAIR IMPLANTATION ARE:
Easy to carry out.
No General anesthesia.
Only 1% chances of rejection or any adverse effect compare to very high failure rates of the hair grafting.
In case of failure of implant, it is possible to explants the hair without leaving any side effects or scar.
4. How is the implantation carried out?
A ready-made bio-hair of around 15 to 30 cm is available and the patient is given Local anesthesia in the area to be implanted, followed by implantation of of hair with the help of the implanter. In first stage only fiber compatibility test is carried out with implanting only few hairs. In stage 2 and 3 we can complete the implant.
5. How many hairs are required to carry out the implant?
Well it purely depends upon the size of the area. For example a area of 1 cm by 1 cm requires around 25 hairs to cover it.
6. How many treatments are required?
Usually 1st session is the test session and rest of the hairs can be implanted in around 1 to 2 sessions.
7. What kind of maintenance required?
Regular follow up with the doctor for first 1 year will give very long life to your implant. Follow-up are required for maintaining the potency of the sebum secreting pores, to look for any hairs loosening the grip and to keep the area infection free.
8. What are the precautions to be taken after the implant?
Wash the hairs at least twice in a week. Always use gentle massage for hair wash. If patient has lot of dandruff, use medicated shampoo prescribed by the doctor. Have a hair cut from the barber who is trained for the maintenance. Do not comb the hairs harshly, always be gentle and use metal comb with wide teeth.
9. What kind of shampoo I can use?
One can use any commercial shampoo that has PH 7 and above. If the scalp is very scaly then use medicated shampoo prescribed by the doctor.